[gnso-rpm-wg] FOR REVIEW & DISCUSSION: Provider and Survey Responses on TM-PDDRP

Bret Fausett bret at uniregistry.com
Tue Oct 25 21:44:07 UTC 2016

> Some who responded to the survey did point out issues they have with registries.

I saw that too, and I wish we had asked the question: “Did you contact the registry about the alleged bad faith pattern or practice and, if so, what was the response?” By its terms, the PDDRP has a requirement that complainants contact the registry at least 30 days in advance of filing the complaint to attempt to resolve the issue prior to invoking the PDDRP (7.2.3(d)). If issues are being resolved before complaints are filed, then you could view the PDDRP as a success, even if there are no filings, no decisions.

            Bret

Bret Fausett
General Counsel

 <http://www.uniregistry.link/>