[gnso-rpm-wg] FOR REVIEW & DISCUSSION: Provider and Survey Responses on TM-PDDRP

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Tue Oct 25 21:54:06 UTC 2016

Point noted

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050
Washington, DC 20004
202-559-8597/Direct
202-559-8750/Fax
202-255-6172/Cell

Twitter: @VlawDC

From: gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Bret Fausett
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:44 PM
To: 'Jeff Neuman'; 'Brian F. Cimbolic'; 'Greg Shatan'; 'Dorrain, Kristine'
Cc: gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org
Subject: Re: [gnso-rpm-wg] FOR REVIEW & DISCUSSION: Provider and Survey Responses on TM-PDDRP

> Some who responded to the survey did point out issues they have with registries.

I saw that too, and I wish we had asked the question: “Did you contact the registry about the alleged bad faith pattern or practice and, if so, what was the response?” By its terms, the PDDRP has a requirement that complainants contact the registry at least 30 days in advance of filing the complaint to attempt to resolve the issue prior to invoking the PDDRP (7.2.3(d)). If issues are being resolved before complaints are filed, then you could view the PDDRP as a success, even if there are no filings, no decisions.

            Bret

Bret Fausett
General Counsel
[Uniregistry]<http://www.uniregistry.link/>