[gnso-rpm-wg] Action Items, Slides and Notes from the Working Group call held earlier today

Bret Fausett bret at uniregistry.com
Tue Apr 11 16:11:15 UTC 2017

> How was it created before EAP began, then?

Keep in mind that ICANN permits a registry to allocate a limited number of names out of band with the normal launch cycle, for purposes of promoting the TLD. I don’t have first hand knowledge of what happened with your examples, but it sounds to me like they could be “qualified launch program” registrations. More details here...

https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-10apr14-en

        Bret

Bret Fausett
General Counsel