[gnso-rpm-wg] CONFIRMING - RPM Working Group call this week is ON

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Aug 1 13:06:13 UTC 2017

Dear all,

This note is to confirm that the RPM Working Group call scheduled for this Thursday 3 August at 0300 UTC will take place. The Secretariat will send out a reminder calendar invitation shortly.

As noted previously, the proposed agenda for this call is:

  1.  Roll call (via Adobe Connect and phone bridge only); updates to Statements of Interest
  2.  Commence discussion of Preamble questions and (if time permits) Question 1 of the updated Sunrise Charter questions
  3.  Next steps/next meeting

The most recent version of the Sunrise Charter questions has been posted here for your convenient reference: https://community.icann.org/x/vQchB.

Thanks and cheers

From: Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org>
Date: Monday, July 31, 2017 at 10:20
To: Susan Payne <susan.payne at valideus.com>, Amr Elsadr <amr.elsadr at icann.org>
Cc: "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>
Subject: Documents for RPM Working Group call this week (if one is scheduled)

Hello and thanks for the suggestion, Susan. We have since posted the latest version of the Sunrise document to the wiki space for this meeting: https://community.icann.org/x/vQchB.

Please note:

  *   The co-chairs will be confirming whether or not the call this week will take place by tomorrow.

  *   The document that has been posted to the link above has been circulated to the Sunrise Sub Team for its review, in relation to certain additional edits (highlighted in yellow) that were made by staff at Lori’s (Sub Team chair) request. These edits do not relate to the Preamble questions or Question 1 (which are the questions slated for initial Working Group discussion) and it is anticipated that they will be reviewed by the full Working Group following approval (or further comments) from the Sunrise Sub Team.

  *   As noted previously, none of the Preamble questions nor Question 1 have been associated with data collection suggestions to date. However, as the document is still under review, please make any such suggestions that you may have to this list as soon as possible, as staff and the co-chairs are working on collating a data collection proposal for all the Sunrise questions for which some data gathering has been suggested.

Thanks and cheers

From: Susan Payne <susan.payne at valideus.com>
Date: Monday, July 31, 2017 at 07:54
To: Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org>, Amr Elsadr <amr.elsadr at icann.org>
Cc: "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] RE: [gnso-rpm-wg] PLEASE READ: RPM Working Group call next week, outstanding Action Items

Hi Mary and Amr
I note the proposal to start discussing the Preamble sections and Q1 from the Sunrise Report.  Could you please post the final version of this Report to the WG wiki page in a self-evident location (or point me to it if I have missed it, which is quite possible).  When documents tend to be posted on the page for the meeting at which they are to be discussed this is obviously useful for the purposes of that discussion, but makes it difficult to locate the correct version after the event.  The section “WG Documents (drafts/polls)” would seem an obvious place perhaps?


Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy | Valideus Ltd

E: susan.payne at valideus.com<mailto:susan.payne at valideus.com>
D: +44 20 7421 8255
T: +44 20 7421 8299
M: +44 7971 661175

From: gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Mary Wong
Sent: 28 July 2017 19:25
To: gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org
Subject: [gnso-rpm-wg] PLEASE READ: RPM Working Group call next week, outstanding Action Items

Dear Working Group members,

The co-chairs wish to find out if it will be feasible to hold a Working Group call next week. As such, please respond to this email if you plan to attend the call. Please do so by the close of your business day on Monday 31 July so that a decision can be made as to whether to proceed with the call.

If the call does proceed, a likely agenda will focus on those Preamble questions, and if time permits, Question 1, all from the Sunrise report – note that these questions were not identified as requiring data collection as a pre-condition.

Additional notes/reminders:
Staff and the co-chairs are continuing to work on the data collection suggestions for Sunrise. A number of those suggestions can be combined either because they target the same audience or sources, or because the exercise will likely utilize the same methodology. Some proposals will also require professional assistance (e.g. survey design). The Working Group should expect to see a collated proposal document in the next couple of weeks containing these additional details.

There are also a few outstanding Action Items from the last two Working Group calls, which we hope you can review and comment on:

  *   From 19 July – edits to the Trademark Claims document, updated and circulated by staff on 20 July to address suggestions made on the Working Group call of 19 July: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/66091891/Trademark%20Claims%20Sub%20Team%20report%20-%20updated%2020%20July.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1501266083536&api=v2[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_download_attachments_66091891_Trademark-2520Claims-2520Sub-2520Team-2520report-2520-2D-2520updated-252020-2520July.docx-3Fversion-3D1-26modificationDate-3D1501266083536-26api-3Dv2&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DJ69mAe-idEhpAMF1nu2x6c2w3xl7xb5cjS_7sB4h6Y&m=vpR1a-cYznfTFYi9uNah9uYZgFTVy7hssAtGUM5vam8&s=2A5UHCleBzzWs5st9XYvyo3ZTvOcqWUDeKk1ZwEqD44&e=>

  *   From 26 July – Sunrise data collection suggestions and links to UDRP and URS decisions on design marks (provided by Griffin Barnett): https://community.icann.org/x/BwAhB[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_BwAhB&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DJ69mAe-idEhpAMF1nu2x6c2w3xl7xb5cjS_7sB4h6Y&m=vpR1a-cYznfTFYi9uNah9uYZgFTVy7hssAtGUM5vam8&s=v27iNl9EnXv-DznXSEugyYnZmPc4MwTDk9HEEReAOfY&e=>

Thanks and cheers

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/attachments/20170801/a2f17e5f/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the gnso-rpm-wg mailing list