[gnso-rpm-wg] Agenda and documents for next RPM Working Group call

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Aug 18 23:06:28 UTC 2017

Dear all,

The draft agenda for the next RPM Working Group call, scheduled for Wednesday 23 August at 1700 UTC, is as follows:

  1.  Roll call (via Adobe Connect and phone bridge only); updates to Statements of Interest
  2.  Continue discussion of Draft Collated Trademark Claims Data Proposal (dated 12 August, available on the Working Group wiki here: https://community.icann.org/x/ShMhB)
  3.  Next steps/next meeting

PLEASE NOTE:

  *   The action items from our 16 August call, as sent out, and the notes, transcript and recording, are also posted on the above-listed wiki page.

  *   Staff is continuing with the initial data gathering tasks for Sunrise as agreed by the Working Group. We hope to circulate an initial collation of the INTA Cost Impact Survey results as well as a list of the registry operators who ran Approved Launch Programs, Qualified Launch Programs, and Limited Registration Periods (as well as the relevant definitions and associated anecdotal evidence discussed at ICANN59) early next week. We note that the Working Group had agreed to review the INTA Cost Impact Survey results on its 30 August call.

  *   The Co-Chairs and staff will be working on a request to the GNSO Council summarizing all the surveys, research and other data gathering tasks for which the Working Group agrees will require professional assistance. The hope is to submit this request to the Council as soon as possible following the Working Group’s completion of its review of the Draft Collated Trademark Claims Data Proposal, to allow the Council to begin discussing the request even prior to the Council meeting on 20 September 2017.

Thanks and cheers
Mary