[gnso-rpm-wg] Following up on some action items

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Dec 14 03:31:09 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find attached: (1) a single document that compiles all the three current documents relating to the Working Group’s scoping of a review of the URS (i.e. a draft list of suggested topics based on the approach suggested on the 30 November call, an accompanying table cross-referencing the topic suggestions to their respective URS Charter questions, and the co-chairs’ joint statement on URS review); and (2) the slides on the URS Rules that were presented earlier today during the Working Group’s call with special guests Doug Isenberg and John Berryhill.

For (1): we have included a note that the single document merely combines all the three documents that were circulated, without edits, and with the intent that this continue to be a Discussion Draft rather than authoritative documents agreed to by the Working Group. We hope this compilation will be useful to the group’s discussion on the next call on 20 December.

For (2): we have added a footnote to the preliminary slide, based on Doug’s comment during the call earlier today, that while the URS is mandatory for all New gTLDs it has also been voluntarily adopted by some ccTLDs and “legacy” gTLDs.

We will also post these documents – as well as the recording and transcript from the call today – on the Working Group wiki space as usual.

Thanks and cheers
Mary, Julie, Ariel & Berry