[gnso-rpm-wg] List of examples for Deloitte (Re: Action items and updated documents from Working Group call of 15 February)

Paul Keating Paul at law.es
Wed Feb 22 16:04:55 UTC 2017

George,

Very well stated.  These were exactly the issues I was trying to identify.

This is why I am suggesting that we obtain a list from TMCH.

I would also like the WG to obtain information regarding the processes
applied by Deloitte in accepting such marks for inclusion within TMCH.
For example, in the MUSIC example would the disclaimer result in rejection
for TMCH purposes?

I am also interested in learning more about Deloite¹s process relative to
the evidence of use requirement.

Again, the issue is not to make life unbearable for trademark holders (or
Deloitte).  Rather it is to determine if the TMCH is being applied in a
balanced manner so as to reflect the legitimate rights of non-trademark
holders relative to domain name registration.

Paul