[gnso-rpm-wg] Inferences (was Re: Mp3, Attendance, AC recording & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) PDP Working Group)

Beckham, Brian brian.beckham at wipo.int
Mon Jul 17 20:28:16 UTC 2017

For the event this is discussed:

This would not only be a loss for trademark owners, who would solely be left to resort to curative RPMs, but for consumers who would be harmed in the meantime, because brand owners could not get ahead of abusive registrations that could be used for fraud such as phishing schemes or distributing malware.

In my view it is imperative that this public policy angle not be lost in the noise of protecting speculators from other speculators.