[gnso-rpm-wg] A Proposal for Smarter Non-Exact Matches

Brian F. Cimbolic BCimbolic at pir.org
Thu Jun 1 15:08:04 UTC 2017

Agreed, Volker.  Brian W – were you suggesting that the two categories of additional inexact “matches” be included in the TMCH in addition to the categories Greg provided?  On the second category (Related Brand Names) how would that play out in practice? Would we include every possible permutation of existing marks already contained in the TMCH?  That would be quite the expansion of the TMCH.  Would it just for somehow related fields/services and if so, who would make the determination for “related” marks?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Cimbolic
Deputy General Counsel, Public Interest Registry
Office: +1 703 889-5752| Mobile: + 1 571 385-7871|
www.pir.org<http://www.pir.org/> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/PIRegistry> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/PIRegistry> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/PIRegistry> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/PIRegistry>

Confidentiality Note:  Proprietary and confidential to Public Interest Registry.  If received in error, please inform sender and then delete.