[gnso-rpm-wg] Staff Compilation of URS Data - ICANN60 - Session 1

Berry Cobb mail at berrycobb.com
Tue Oct 31 10:19:20 UTC 2017

WG Members,

Apologies for the delayed posting of this to the RPM list.

Please find attached two PDFs reviewed on the RPM WG's Saturday session at
ICANN60.

https://schedule.icann.org/event/CbIa/gnso-review-of-all-rights-protection-m
echanisms-in-all-generic-top-level-domains

The second part of the session was a high-level overview of the URS process,
rules and procedures followed by a review of URS statistics gathered by
staff to date.  We invite you to replay the AC recording in parallel to
reviewing the URS stats as it will provide an explanation of each page of
the compilation report.

You should understand that this data is already out of date for the
following reasons:

1.       Based on feedback received from WG members during the session,
staff has several actions to make changes to these charts such as converting
some from # of domains to # of URS cases or to provide new charts of the URS
data combined with gTLD launch windows.  We will deliver an update in
several weeks.

2.       This version only includes data to 30 June 2017.  We have acquired
the raw data up to 30 Sept 2017, but we did not have time to import it into
this version in preparation for the session.

Also attached to compliment the staff compilation report of URS is a copy of
the actual URS cases by domain name.  It is provided to give context to how
the tables and charts are created and it also provides links to actual cases
should you wish to review them in detail.

Please stay tuned for the next iteration in preparation for the WG's
beginning review of the URS as part of phase 1 of this PDP.

Should you have any questions or suggestions on how this data is presented,
please do send them to me in the meantime.

Thank you.

Berry Cobb

720.839.5735

 <mailto:mail at berrycobb.com> mail at berrycobb.com