[gnso-rpm-wg] Staff Compilation of URS Data - ICANN60 - Session 1

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Tue Oct 31 10:29:17 UTC 2017

Thanks Berry

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050
Washington, DC 20004
202-559-8597/Direct
202-559-8750/Fax
202-255-6172/Cell

Twitter: @VLawDC

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 31, 2017, at 2:19 PM, Berry Cobb <mail at berrycobb.com<mailto:mail at berrycobb.com>> wrote:

WG Members,

Apologies for the delayed posting of this to the RPM list.

Please find attached two PDFs reviewed on the RPM WG’s Saturday session at ICANN60.
https://schedule.icann.org/event/CbIa/gnso-review-of-all-rights-protection-mechanisms-in-all-generic-top-level-domains

The second part of the session was a high-level overview of the URS process, rules and procedures followed by a review of URS statistics gathered by staff to date.  We invite you to replay the AC recording in parallel to reviewing the URS stats as it will provide an explanation of each page of the compilation report.

You should understand that this data is already out of date for the following reasons:

1.       Based on feedback received from WG members during the session, staff has several actions to make changes to these charts such as converting some from # of domains to # of URS cases or to provide new charts of the URS data combined with gTLD launch windows.  We will deliver an update in several weeks.

2.       This version only includes data to 30 June 2017.  We have acquired the raw data up to 30 Sept 2017, but we did not have time to import it into this version in preparation for the session.

Also attached to compliment the staff compilation report of URS is a copy of the actual URS cases by domain name.  It is provided to give context to how the tables and charts are created and it also provides links to actual cases should you wish to review them in detail.

Please stay tuned for the next iteration in preparation for the WG’s beginning review of the URS as part of phase 1 of this PDP.

Should you have any questions or suggestions on how this data is presented, please do send them to me in the meantime.

Thank you.

Berry Cobb
720.839.5735
mail at berrycobb.com<mailto:mail at berrycobb.com>
@berrycobb

<URS_Cases_by_Domain_20170630.pdf>
<Staff compilation report - URS data_20171028.pdf>