[gnso-rpm-wg] Directly from INTA's website: What the TTAB has to say about sample size

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Fri Sep 1 10:43:42 UTC 2017

I'm sure many folks are familiar with the concept of "confirmation bias":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Those who want to give weight to the INTA study, despite its
statistical invalidity, appear to me to be suffering from that
confirmation bias, as it's a study that happens to confirm or coincide
with their prior beliefs.

As a group, we need to *overcome* those biases, and deal with evidence
in a neutral, objective and scientific manner, lest those biases steer
us on the wrong course.