[gnso-rpm-wg] Updated data request form and motion for GNSO Council vote; action items from Working Group call of 6 September

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Sun Sep 10 05:08:39 UTC 2017

Dear all,

The co-chairs have asked that staff circulate to you the motion and draft data request that has been submitted to the GNSO Council by our Council liaison Heather Forrest. The relevant documents are attached to this email.

Please note that the co-chairs will be working with staff to prepare an Executive Summary of the request that can be used as a reference by the Council. Staff will also be adding back, at co-chair Kathy Kleiman’s request, the following text that was in the original suggestion on gaming (which has now been moved, per Working Group agreement, to be part of the general research tasks listed as #7 from its previous standalone entry): “… including those describing the registration of the word “the” and single letter marks, and any investigation/reporting of issues/concerns/problems with TM Claims notices and abandonment."

Finally, the recording and transcript of the co-chairs’ call with the leadership teams of the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures and the GNSO Council have been posted here: https://community.icann.org/x/NSQhB

For your reference, here are the action items from our last call, all of which have been completed:

  1.  Co-Chairs and staff to update and finalize data request to the GNSO Council
  2.  Staff to circulate links to the recording and transcripts of the joint call between the leadership teams of the RPMs Review PDP Working Group, the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group and the GNSO Council
  3.  Staff to remove the prioritization columns from the Google Doc when it is submitted as part of the data request
  4.  Staff to move the question about translating the Trademark Claims Notice from the survey of registrants and potential registrants to the survey of registrars
  5.  Staff to add Sunrise gaming to the task of gathering third-party sources and delete it as a standalone task
  6.  Staff to replace the words “scope and cost” with “feasibility” in the task regarding development of a system to handle non-exact matches
  7.  Staff to correct reference under anonymized data from Deloitte from Sunrise to TMCH registration, and clarify that the data should include both undisputed domains as well as domains in dispute
  8.  Staff to clarify that data collection suggestions on URS also include UDRP disputes

The meeting notes will be uploaded to the Working Group wiki page for this meeting shortly.

Thanks and cheers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/attachments/20170910/83d3ce7e/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: DMPM Motion for RPMs - 7 Sept 2017.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 227283 bytes
Desc: DMPM Motion for RPMs - 7 Sept 2017.pdf
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/attachments/20170910/83d3ce7e/DMPMMotionforRPMs-7Sept2017-0001.pdf>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: DMPM Request Form - 7 Sept.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 180997 bytes
Desc: DMPM Request Form - 7 Sept.pdf
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-wg/attachments/20170910/83d3ce7e/DMPMRequestForm-7Sept-0001.pdf>

More information about the gnso-rpm-wg mailing list