[gnso-rpm-wg] Updated data request form and motion for GNSO Council vote; action items from Working Group call of 6 September

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 06:29:50 UTC 2017

Mary and all,

It looks like there's a mistake here.  The copy of the Metrics Request Form
attached to this email includes a number of marginal comments.  Was this
submitted to the GNSO Council this way?  If so, a clean copy should sent to
Heather so that it can be substituted for this marked-up version ASAP.
This is particularly important since the Motion states that Council is
voting on the final text.

Also, I'm unclear why "Staff will also be adding back, at co-chair Kathy
Kleiman’s request, the following text that was in the original suggestion
on gaming (which has now been moved, per Working Group agreement, to be
part of the general research tasks listed as #7 from its previous
standalone entry): “… including those describing the registration of the
word “the” and single letter marks, and any investigation/reporting of
issues/concerns/problems with TM Claims notices and abandonment.""

According to the marginal comments in the draft Metrics Request Form the
text above is being tacked on to "additional text added as per agreement
during the 6 September WG call. This is meant to replace the alternative
text suggested by Kathy: "SUBTEAM SUGGESTION: Find articles that discuss
“gaming” of the Sunrise Period, including those describing the registration
of the word “the” and single letter marks, and any investigation/reporting
of issues/concerns/problems with TM Claims notices and abandonment."

Looking only at the language quoted above, it appears that a WG agreement
on language is being overridden by a single co-Chair.  I'm sure that this
would not be allowed to happen, so I must be missing something.  I would
appreciate some clarification.

Thank you.

Greg