[gnso-rpm-wg] Proposed new time for 4th rotational Working Group call

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Apr 6 22:18:35 UTC 2018

Dear Working Group members,

Following the poll that was conducted and feedback from several members, including Europe-based members, the Working Group co-chairs requested that staff reach out to our active APAC-based members to solicit their input on the poll options of Wednesday 2200 UTC and Wednesday 2300 UTC, as well as a possible additional option of Wednesday or Thursday at 1200 UTC.

Based on all the feedback received, and taking into account what we know in terms of the geographical locations of Working Group members, the co-chairs and staff would like to propose that, with effect from Wednesday 25 April, the 4th rotational (generally, end of month) call for our Working Group take place at 1200 UTC. We realize that this may inconvenience members who are based on the west coast of North America, but there does not seem to be a time that will work for all members in all regions. As with all call times, this can be reviewed periodically based on attendance and further feedback.

For your information, 1200 UTC is 5 a.m. US Pacific / 8 a.m. US Eastern / 1 p.m. London / 2 p.m. Frankfurt / 8 p.m. Singapore, Perth, Hong Kong / 9 p.m. Tokyo. Please refer to this resource for additional times and to convert time zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/.

Finally, and on a related point, staff anticipates that (subject to the co-chairs’ discretion and the progress of the three URS Sub Teams) the next Working Group call will take place on Wednesday 18 April at the usual non-rotational time of 1700 UTC. Please look out for the applicable calendar invitations next week.

Thanks and cheers
Mary, Julie, Ariel & Berry