[gnso-rpm-wg] [Ext] Re: REMINDER re: Nominations for RPM Working Group Co-Chair

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:30:47 UTC 2018

 George, all,

Personally, I don't believe WIPO is doing anything wrong by not publishing
your specific list of post-UDRP cases, which is not a requirement for
Providers. From my perspective, it looks like they have posted some of
these cases as a nice gesture to the community.

The webpage on which these cases are published clearly states these are
"select" cases and there is no intent to create a comprehensive, updated
running list of all post-UDPR actions.

Moreover, in taking a quick glance at some of the cases you highlighted:

<Soundstop.com> - the court case settled; it doesn't appear the court
issued a holding that is generally applicable to other UDRP proceedings.

<sdt.com> - it looks like the UDRP panel terminated the proceeding to let
the court case run its course.

<Moobitalk.com> -   the decision of the appeals court was based on a legal
principle (territoriality) that is not a required element under the UDRP.
This seems to be a relatively unique case and publishing this decision may
confuse some readers in terms of the general applicability of UDRP
jurisprudence.

---

In terms of Brian's nomination, I am very grateful that he is willing to
serve and dedicate the time needed to take on this role.  As mentioned by
Zak and other's, I believe he is preeminently qualified and has the natural
leadership skills that will greatly benefit our team.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Claudio