[gnso-rpm-wg] YOUR FEEDBACK REQUESTED: rotating Working Group meeting times

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Mar 26 01:42:28 UTC 2018

Dear Greg and everyone,

Staff apologizes for any confusion we may have caused – as you thought, we used the phrase “in particular” to mean that while all members are free to participate in the poll, feedback from APAC-based members was especially sought.

Staff further confirms that, in proposing the 2200 UTC and 2300 UTC alternatives while keeping the current 0300 UTC time as a third possibility on the poll, we took into consideration the geographical location, concentration and distribution of those participants (especially the more active ones) that we knew are based in particular countries and regions. Please bear in mind that we do not know for sure where every Working Group member is located, and that, for those whose locations we know, we have a substantial concentration of active participants on the US East Coast and parts of Europe, with a few active participants from the APAC region. As Greg noted, it is likely impossible to find a time that will work well for all active participants so we were indeed looking for a compromise that would be “least painful for most” while not excluding APAC participation altogether.

Since the poll was issued, we have reached out to a few of the more active APAC members to seek their specific views, including on a new alternative of 1200 UTC. Staff will confer with the Working Group co-chairs over the next week, in the hope that a final time for the 4th rotating call can be determined soon.

Thanks and cheers
Mary, Julie, Ariel & Berry