[gnso-rpm-wg] URS / UDRP proposals -- data on registrar/registry compliance costs

Paul Keating paul at law.es
Fri Sep 7 20:05:03 UTC 2018

Jonathan,

Regarding your comment:

> I think your idea that the Registrars/Registries should absorb the costs because they accepted the abusive registration would have more merit if the registries/registrars were not agnostic about the content of the registration
Sent from my iPad

I did not say that it is their responsibility because they accepted the registration of the domain.  What i said was that they knew about the URS/UDRP process and the possibility such a proceeding could be brought against any domain.  They could have charged a fee.  They didn't.  So i don't feel that we need to come in and change what the registrars and their marketplace has already established.

Paul