[GNSO-RPM-WG] GNSO RPM-Trademark Claims Notice Sub Team -- Proposal for Submission and Apologies

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Fri May 10 11:13:15 UTC 2019

It would also be very helpful if the Claims Notices could be generated
in advance of the actual registration, say: at the time a pre-order for
a domain is received.

To reduce concerns with regard to changes to the database between the
pre-order and the actual registration, it could be proposed that another
database check is required at the time of registration, but no new
notice would be required unless there is a change.

Best,

Volker

Am 09.05.2019 um 19:12 schrieb Corwin, Philip via GNSO-RPM-WG:

> Paul T:
>
> To clarify, are you proposing that Claims Notices should continue to
> be generated only in response to prospective registrations of domains
> where the name is an exact match for a TMCH-registered mark, but that
> the TMCH notification service should be expanded to provide the mark
> holder with notice whenever a domain name that includes the exact
> match is registered?
>
> Thanks, Philip
>
> Philip S. Corwin
>
> Policy Counsel
>
> VeriSign, Inc.
>
> 12061 Bluemont Way
> Reston, VA 20190
>
> 703-948-4648/Direct
>
> 571-342-7489/Cell
>
> /"Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey/

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.