[Gnso-ssc] Mp3, AC Recording, AC Chat and attendance GNSO Standing Selection Committee 17 April 2017

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Mon Apr 17 14:49:39 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find below the mp3, attendance, Adobe Connect recording and chat for
the GNSO Standing Selection Committee held on 17 April 2017 at 13:00 UTC

Mp3: https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ssc-17apr17-en.mp3

AC recording:
https://participate.icann.org/p73kn3lhxcu/

Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DQMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=xZIJEMTVQJAaGhrSEs-mGNP1af5ZhtLo5tjqyJUr5j4&s=zi8HqkcJPzyRZtbiQ-TlsxBQhcExCdcb-3Ezk1dDjec&e=>

Wiki page:   https://community.icann.org/x/aL-RAw

Attendees:

Frederic Guilemaut

Maxim Alzoba

Julf Helsingius

Hibah Kamal-Grayson (temporary alternate for Susan Kawaguchi)

Renate Ribeira Aquino

Apologies:

Poncelet Illelji

Lori Schulman

Osvaldo Novoa

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Emily Barabas

Terri Agnew

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 17 April 2017

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the GNSO Standing Selection Committee teleconference
on Monday, 17 April 2017 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes

  Terri Agnew:agenda wik page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_NtTRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_NtTRAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6Y-ib9I5_ub3eYQSe4f4wfzYorB94qLInYJi-bbmnjk&s=I5nQ_aIzl3XubA_rynkzAaXaOsrxE60ZkEwAys2euDc&e>
&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6Y-ib9I5_ub3eYQSe4f4wfzYorB94qLInYJi-bbmnjk&s=I5nQ_aIzl3XubA_rynkzAaXaOsrxE60ZkEwAys2euDc&e=

  Maxim Alzoba:Hello Terri, could I test adobe audio - just in case it works
for me

  Maxim Alzoba:Ok, great

  Maxim Alzoba:Hello Frederic

  Frederic Guillemaut:Hello Maxim, Hello Emily and Terri

  Maxim Alzoba:I am thinking about moto helmet with bluetooth mic :) so
outside audio does not affect

  Maxim Alzoba:Hello Julf

  Julf Helsingius:Maxim: I have one of those. It is still noisy in a helmet.
:)

  Maxim Alzoba:also - I wonder what people think when they see you in a caffee
in a helmet ?

  Maxim Alzoba::)

  Julf Helsingius:a throat mike might work better

  Julf Helsingius:I suggest waiting

  Maxim Alzoba:I think two-3 minutes waiting is ok

  Julf Helsingius:Got the reminder, let's start

  Maxim Alzoba:Marika, please add to the note, that the note of Frederic was
supported by me.

  Maxim Alzoba:and that Both Frederic and me referenced to " sufficient
expertise " in technolgy

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Renata Aquino Ribeiro

  Maxim Alzoba:Hello Renata

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Hello and thank you

  Julf Helsingius:Right, so seems we know we don't have consensus support for
a change of the motion, and there is not consensus support for going ahead
with the motion

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I believe Poncelet disagrees with the change
regardless of there being 3 or 4

  Julf Helsingius:That's how I understood it too

  Julf Helsingius:So no consensus eiher way

  Maxim Alzoba:We have not reached it yet, and it does not mean we should not
try

  Julf Helsingius:We can't reach it on this call

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Yes I agree there is no consensus

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:and we already have an opposer

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:by email that is

  Maxim Alzoba:yes, Poncelet Ileleji  could not attend

  Maxim Alzoba:and we can not reach it without him, but we could try to refine
ideas we have now

  Maxim Alzoba:NOTE: I do not belive that SSAC is going to leave RDS-RT
without attendance, their presence might be necessary for balanced view.

  Maxim Alzoba:I suggest additional questions to top 7 candidates to
understand how their technicl expertise is applicable

  Julf Helsingius:I agree the timescale was challenging

  Maxim Alzoba:the deadline was artificial, and with proper justification we
could request timeline extension.

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I would like to know if these additional seats will be
available, because that would help us in consensus.

  Julf Helsingius:Yes, knowing about additional seats would help

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Isn't there any way to get this response soon?

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:there is already someone from Rr on 4th seat isn't
there? Marc?

  Marika Konings 2:Volker is currently ranked 4th, with Marc on 5th

  Julf Helsingius:Volker from Rr as 4, Marc from Ry as 5

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Right, either way, I guess it makes us reach consensus
if the 4th is accepted

  Julf Helsingius:Yes, probably

  Julf Helsingius:I think we would have pretty good argumets to James to argue
for a 4th position

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:And perhaps we can send that communication to SO/ACs
to ask them for support

  Julf Helsingius:I don't think the issue is about skills - I think we haev a
pretty good picture of that. The skills needed are not technical.

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:yes, the skills were already judged by the survey

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I'd also try making a case in council for 4

  Maxim Alzoba:my suggestion is to to some more in-depth due diligence

  Maxim Alzoba:and we might ask  GNSO Council to review possiblity of
extension of 3 granted seats to 4

  Maxim Alzoba:with description of current disagreement (diversity vs
technological expertise)

  Frederic Guillemaut:i agree with the extension to 4 seats

  Maxim Alzoba:I agree with extension to 4

  Julf Helsingius:I support 4 as well

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:+1 extension

  Julf Helsingius:Seems that would be full consensus of all of us on the call

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:yes

  Julf Helsingius:Yes, that sounds like a good formulation, Marika

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:+1

  Maxim Alzoba:My suggestion: 1. we ask for extension of the timeline (we
describe the current deadlock and situation we face with "divercity v.s. tech
expertise". 2. We suggest 4 seats as a resolution or 3. we need the extension
for more id-depth due diligence

  Julf Helsingius:Yes, so extension only becomes an option if 4 people are not
accepted

  Terri Agnew:Doodle:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__doodle.com_poll_ymw59t3n8utit7wh
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__doodle.com_poll_ymw59t3n8utit7wh&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6Y-ib9I5_ub3eYQSe4f4wfzYorB94qLInYJi-bbmnjk&s=8ogstzbBZ78GgK905onXFXP4u6_zr3aWhMDLswbPT-w&e>
&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6Y-ib9I5_ub3eYQSe4f4wfzYorB94qLInYJi-bbmnjk&s=8ogstzbBZ78GgK905onXFXP4u6_zr3aWhMDLswbPT-w&e=

  Maxim Alzoba:Could we have Google docs& offline word copy of the draft, so
we can comment on it

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I also believe an extension of time is not what we are
asking now, an extension of seats only

  Maxim Alzoba:I can not edit my checkboxes in the poll for the time

  Maxim Alzoba:found it

  Maxim Alzoba:thanks

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:i think next steps are good

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:drafting a new motion and asking for gnso to analyse

  Julf Helsingius:Marika: should I flag the possilble developments to the
council?

  Maxim Alzoba:Thanks Everyone

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:yes julf

  Julf Helsingius:Sure. Will do that tomorrow morning

  Frederic Guillemaut:thank you all,

  Maxim Alzoba:bye all

  Frederic Guillemaut:enjoy chocolate

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:thanks have a great week

  Julf Helsingius:thanks and bye