[Gnso-ssc] For your review - RDS RT evaluation survey options

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Fri Mar 31 11:29:17 UTC 2017

Dear Marika,

Good day, after reviewing both options in  preview mode, I have decided my
vote will be for "Option 2" as its more detailed in scope in evaluating the
candidates.

*Poncelet Ileleji Survey option  Vote: Option 2*
Kind Regards

Poncelet

On 31 March 2017 at 02:20, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> Following on from the call today, staff has gone ahead and created two
> (for now) possible approaches for a survey to review the candidates for the
> RDS Review Team:
>

> ·         Option 1 – See https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=
> 0hjSAi4ZCoUvdD2Kv0gANdf5YVqJkYkY72BakcBodNIid_2FUGWhFFHZYmxyB7zn0K for a
> preview. This is a very straightforward approach which first asks two
> questions in relation to whether the candidate qualifies as a GNSO
> candidate (yes/no-don’t know) and whether the candidate has the necessary
> expertise and competence (yes/no-don’t know), followed by a ranking of the
> candidates. This approach is similar to the one used by the volunteers that
> reviewed the SSR2-RT candidates.
>
> ·         Option 2 – See https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=
> 3yLMDGyDuJTXv7WxGEXYmZTUiaAeDz3ZMxJ6g2UuNK6V0_2FXUhfilY6EjEGBvPgJQ for a
> preview. This survey goes into a bit more detail as it asks to rank the
> candidates based on how the meet 1) the skills and expertise as outlined in
> the call for volunteers, and 2) the desired attributes as outlined in the
> call for volunteers. This option could be further refined by asking a
> ranking for each individual skill / expertise and/or desired attribute, but
> that would make the survey significantly longer and would also take you
> more time to complete. The aggregated score could be used to obtain an
> overall ranking based on the responses from all.
>

> Note that these two options are in preview mode – any responses will not
> be recorded.
>

> Please share with the list which approach has your preference and/or which
> modifications or alternative approaches should be added to this list of
> options.
>

> Once the SSC has agreed on an approach, you will also need to decide
> whether you intend to share the individual survey responses with the SSC or
> only the aggregated results as well as whether you intend to share these
> publicly. As noted on the call today, the charter foresees that “To
> facilitate its deliberations, the SSC may decide to conduct some or all of
> its deliberations in private, but if so, it is expected to provide a
> rationale with its recommendations”.
>

> We would like to ask you to share your feedback as soon as possible so
> that ideally the survey will be launched early next week to allow for
> review and discussion of the results during next week’s meeting (please
> remember to fill out the doodle poll that has been circulated by Nathalie).
>

> Best regards,
>

> Marika
>

> P.S. You will also find attached the updated summary document which now
> includes a column for gender.

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240