[Gnso-ssc] Recordings, Attendance & AC Chat from GNSO Standing Selection Committee call on 21 September 2017 at 13:00 UTC

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Thu Sep 21 16:23:27 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find below the mp3, attendance, Adobe Connect recording and chat for the GNSO Standing Selection Committee held on 21 September 2017 at 13:00 UTC.

Mp3:   https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ssc-21sep17-en.mp3

AC recording:   https://participate.icann.org/p5j7nqnl2xg/<https://participate.icann.org/p5j7nqnl2xg/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=96c8662b94871fccf55d58833d3c9ea8813255262baec5df38f242b37e427b7b>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page:   https://community.icann.org/x/Yy8hB

Attendees:
Maxim Alzoba
Susan Kawaguchi
Frederic Guillemaut
Poncelet Ileleji
Rafik Dammak
Tony Holmes

Apologies:

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

Lori Schulman

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Emily Barabas

Andrea Glandon

Julie Bisland

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 21 September 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the GNSO Standing Selection Committee meeting on Thursday, 21 September 2017 at 13:00 UTC.

  Julie Bisland:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_Yy8hB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=cLt1z2bA2JIN3XGn21Tc-BSD-He3YZ4T010Nr_Pah3Q&s=DsZZgrR6QC9cocLZcCSYM6IEFLzvCZuuuQ_hYvZ5yQk&e=

  Julie Bisland:We would like to introduce Andrea Glandon - SO/AC Collaboration Services Coordinator (she is taking over Chantelle Doerksen's duties while on leave)

  Emily Barabas:Welcome Andrea!

  Andrea Glandon:Thank you!

  Maxim Alzoba:Good

  Guillemaut:Hello All

  Rafik:hi all

  Tony Holmes:thanks for the welcome Susan

  Maxim Alzoba:Do we know if Carlos might join us later?

  Marika Konings:after the GNSO Liaison to the GAC you may have a little break from selections, but then it will be time to review your charter :-)

  Maxim Alzoba:Registrar so far

  Maxim Alzoba:and Registries are still thinking and I hope to have RySg formal opinion next week

  Guillemaut:i lost audio.

  Guillemaut:trying to reconnect

  Maxim Alzoba:it was about support of Julf as a candidate

  Marika Konings:No, it is just a requirement to be endorsed. But I don't think we received the BC endorsement?

  Marika Konings:do you know where it was sent?

  Marika Konings:FYI, we also received some applications that did not receive endorsements and as such these are not considered valid applications.

  Marika Konings:We did not receive any endorsement from the RrSG either - was that formally submitted?

  Maxim Alzoba:let me chaeck my e-mail

  Guillemaut:back, sorry

  Maxim Alzoba:I forwarded that e-mail from RrSG to Marika few second ago

  Maxim Alzoba:*seconds

  Emily Barabas:There were 2

  Maxim Alzoba:I think GAC Liaison is quite demanding job, and it would be great to have opportunity to talk to Carlos

  Tony Holmes:did you say Sept 8th to rate candidates?

  Maxim Alzoba:8th was a deadline for applications

  Susan Kawaguchi:October 8th for ranking candidates

  Tony Holmes:what is our cut off for recommendation of the candidate?

  Emily Barabas:The SSC has been asked to make its selection by October 8

  Tony Holmes:thanks

  Marika Konings:the new liaison is expected to be confirmed at the latest by ICANN61 as that is when the current liaison will step down

  Tony Holmes:thanks Susan - helpful

  Marika Konings:Note this evaluation sheet is also posted on the wiki page

  Maxim Alzoba:I support it

  Marika Konings:I'll pull up the email from Tom Dale now

  Maxim Alzoba:in the final matrix it would be great to see SG/C which supported the particular candidate

  Guillemaut:How many candidates will we have ?

  Rafik:I think 3

  Guillemaut:sorry if  i did not get it.

  Tony Holmes:Evaluation sheet helpful with 3 really good candidates

  Rafik:I am fine with the evaluation sheet, and it can be used for ranking

  Emily Barabas:There are three candidates, you can see their application materials here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_GSSCMO_GAC-2BLiaison-2B-2D-2BApplication-2BMaterials&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=cLt1z2bA2JIN3XGn21Tc-BSD-He3YZ4T010Nr_Pah3Q&s=W3LP0nPwZeI2Upcf0G3-P52znTvKc3q8SmIMiEGQOzk&e=

  Emily Barabas:yes, we will circulate a draft survey

  Maxim Alzoba:could we create test doodle to ensure every SSC members find it Ok prior to the poll?

  Emily Barabas:you will need to log in to view application materials using the same login you used to create your SOI. If you need assistance or lost your password, please email gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>

  Emily Barabas:@maxim, yes, I will send a test version for review

  Maxim Alzoba:yes

  Rafik:it seems more like evaluation of previous liaisons?

  Julie Bisland:Welcome Poncelet Ileleji

  Maxim Alzoba:+1 Susan, we need to invite Carlos

  Poncelet Ileleji:Apology for Coming late

  Poncelet Ileleji:Thanks Julie

  Maxim Alzoba:better prior to the vote

  Marika Konings:we can ask Carlos to weigh in on the email list with regards to the criteria / skills?

  Marika Konings:and ideally before the survey is launched

  Marika Konings:we can reach out to him after this call

  Guillemaut:prior too

  Maxim Alzoba:so we might have better understaning of the wheight of the particular quality

  Tony Holmes:agree - prior

  Rafik:+1

  Tony Holmes:next week fine

  Poncelet Ileleji:I agree

  Guillemaut:yes

  Maxim Alzoba:I think we need to ask Carlos if he has vacant time slots for the meeting with us

  Emily Barabas:Sounds good, we will work with Carlos on that

  Maxim Alzoba:good plan

  Tony Holmes:agree

  Guillemaut:ok

  Marika Konings:No, I don't think so

  Emily Barabas:I think that covers everything

  Marika Konings:Correct

  Guillemaut:nothing special

  Maxim Alzoba:that is it

  Rafik:started the day wih an ICANN call and ending it with another ICANN call :)

  Maxim Alzoba:yesterday it was 5 hours of that

  Tony Holmes:Thanks to all

  Maxim Alzoba:bye all

  Poncelet Ileleji:bye

  Rafik:thanks everybody