[Gnso-ssr] starting up - refining our rules of engagement

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Mon Feb 10 13:49:37 UTC 2014

Thanks Mikey,

Let me clarify that if any SSAC members are participating in this
discussion, they do that 100% on their personal capacity, and they do
not speak on behalf of SSAC, or represent SSAC.

I have unfortunately to tell this repeatedly in ICANN nowadays because
we have had a few incidents where third parties have claimed that "SSAC
have the view that...".

If SSAC have, or had a view, that will be clearly stated as such, and if
nothing very special happens, the SSAC view will be presented by me.

All of this so that SSAC members that are on this list can express
themselves in these discussions freely. I can not, and I do not think
ICANN can, risk having individuals with clue stay silent because they
are tagged with a special affiliation.

If you want to tag a special SSAC affiliation with anyway, it is me.

   Patrik Fältström
   SSAC Chair