[Gnso-ssr] Clarification, SSAC Advice

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Mon Feb 10 14:07:47 UTC 2014

One clarification is needed in the text Mikey did send out.

> The current process is for the SSAC to give advice to the Board...

That is not correct.

SSAC can give advice to anyone, and each recommendation do have a
specific target audience. This has been a bit unclear historically, but
is I claim more and more clear in the recommendations themselves.

The subset of the advice that SSAC and ALAC give to the board can
nowadays be tracked on this page:

<https://www.myicann.org/board-advice>

If you for example look at SAC007 that is mentioned, it does explicitly
include recommendations for registries and registrars.

That said, what I think you Mikey want to point out is that there is a
gap between whoever makes a recommendations and whoever is to implement
it. That I agree with.

For interactions with the board, SSAC and ALAC now do have the tool I
link to above to track the progress.

We in SSAC are happy to try to close the gap and I am prepared on
listening on proposed changes to for example our publication procedure.

   Patrik Fältström
   SSAC Chair