[Gnso-subteam0b-policyimpl] Draft principles - comments

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Tue Dec 10 01:17:35 UTC 2013

Thanks a lot Nic.  Rather to add more comments, I will try to respond in my message.

Regarding principle 2, you said in your comment (NS3): "Is there an objective criteria for this?  I agree in principle to this principle, but this exception seems like it has the potential for abuse if left this broad.   Maybe something like "except where there is broad community consensus that there is an emergency case related to security and/or stability""  The problem as I see it with your suggestion is that if there is an emergency SSR issue, there is not time to check for community consensus.  Maybe we could add something though like this: "except in emergency cases such as risks to security and stability as defined in ICANN's SSR framework".

In your comment on principle 3 (NS5), you said that you "Agree with this opinion".  What opinion do you agree with?  I got the impression that you agree with the principle regardless of whether it differs with the current PDP manual.  Is that correct?

Before I respond to your other comments, let me suggest that we restructure the list of principles so that there is only one per page so that there will hopefully be room for all comments under each principle.  Marika/Mary - would you be able to do that?  If not, I can try to do it tomorrow.

Chuck