[Gnso-subteam0b-policyimpl] Latest version of draft principles for review

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Dec 13 14:06:55 UTC 2013

Thanks a lot Marika.  You did a nice job of concisely summarizing the main points.  Like Marika, I encourage those of you who want for detail to listen to the MP3 or review the transcript; I thought we had a very useful discussion that will help us move forward.  Note that our discussion focused primarily on proposed principle 1 but in doing that we recognized the relationship of several other principles.  Also, we talked about the value of developing some criteria for deciding when more community involvement is needed during the implementation process; Alan suggested that, while this may not one of our deliverables, the exercise might be helpful in developing principles.
Here are the next steps:

1.       Cheryl will right up her thoughts and suggestion regarding an overarching principle.

2.       Everyone is encouraged to review the latest version of the principles document that Marika distributed today with a particular focus on principle 1 and any principles you think are related.  Please add your comments  and save and distribute the document with the latest date and your initials.

3.       Here's a proposed agenda for our call next week:

a.       Discuss Cheryl's idea and proposal for an overarching principle

b.      Brainstorm on how the overarching principle could impact the content and organization of our list of principles

c.       Explore ways to proceed in developing some criteria for when more community involvement may be needed in the implementation process

d.      Time permitting, continue the discussion on some key terms introduced in our 12 Dec call such as 'policy neutral'.

4.       Please feel free to suggest changes to this agenda.
Chuck