[gtld-tech] .DESI to Be Placed in the Emergency Back-end Registry Operator Program

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Oct 20 10:34:36 UTC 2023

> On Oct 20, 2023, at 11:52, Michele Neylon - Blacknight via gtld-tech <gtld-tech at icann.org> wrote:
> =I don’t see how you can force a failed registry to do anything

You probably can’t.  But that wasn’t the topic of conversation.  The topic of conversation was whether EBERO registries should follow best practices and do clean rolls when they’re requested to by a prepared outgoing registry.  The document says “should.” My argument was that if they do it when requested, it will exercise a process, and then they’ll be ready to do it when it’s most needed, regardless of their opinion of the needs of the registrants.

                                -Bill