[ICANN Academy WG] post to list regarding pilot SO/AC Leadership training in Toronto

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Fri Jul 6 10:37:07 UTC 2012

Dear all,

thank you Filiz, to reiterate the work of this group will feed into the
implementation. From my side I like to underline again, that the
collaboration with staff, and in particular with Filiz, has been outstanding
during the last year. Without this contribution we would not have come that
far.

I am convinced many of the WG members have a strong interest to produce
recommendations, guidance and proposals on the curriculum, speakers and
format of this training program. Coming back on what has been said by Rumy
Kanis, time is very short and the work on the content needs to start soon.

Let me suggest that  time line would help to organise the collaboration
between staff and WG during the implementation process. This timeline should
define which decision must be taken until when (from staff side) and which
input is needed by then (from the community side). This helps the WG to move
forward and avoids "discussion into the blue". For instance, to agree on a
curriculum it is critical to know how many days the pilot will run. It makes
a big difference in terms of content and methodology if it is a 1, 2 or 3
day programme. The curriculum proposed by At-large should be the basis to
start the discussion. (see:
https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/At-Large+ICANN+Academy+Curriculu
m ).

May I ask Filiz to set up such a timeline? I am willing to help in any case
if wished.

Best Sandra