[Idngwg] Notes from IDNGWG meeting on 20180125

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Wed Feb 7 09:38:36 UTC 2018

Dear IDN Guidelines WG members,

Please find attached the notes from the meeting on 25 January 2018.  Please let us know if you have any feedback.

Please also find attached an interim draft of the responses to the public comments.  These will evolve based on the ongoing discussions within the WG.

Action Items
S. No.

Action Items

Owner

1

Redraft Guideline 12 on automatic activation to put a reasonable limitation on the number of variant labels which can be automatically activated.

EC

2

Update Guideline 17 to include a reference to Unicode's TR#36 as well.

SH

The recording of the call and its summary are also available at the IDN Guidelines wiki page at https://community.icann.org/display/IDN/IDN+Implementation+Guidelines[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_IDN_IDN-2BImplementation-2BGuidelines&d=DwMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=9ffq7mzE4jdiSzt8A2lvE8WP3wUqJfMwhfHIF2PXx1I&s=sP-i2gVWNt3njKmqWaN7hPfbfMtXrCE-NEarLTV9tjE&e=>.

Regards,
Sarmad