[Internal-cg] Doodle poll for possible dates for the f2f meeting(s)

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Fri Jul 25 13:30:45 UTC 2014

We are awaiting confirmation from ICANN staff that there is a room
available in which we can meet on September 6 in Istanbul. That
information should be forthcoming today I hope.

As for October 17: We have several ICG participants who were not able to
be present in London and who have not yet completed the doodle poll (I
believe they are on holiday), so we don’t know if they can be present on
September 6. In addition to choosing a date that maximizes the number of
people who can meet in person in October, I think it’s also important that
we not arrange things such that multiple participants miss all of the
first three meetings. In a group like this, developing rapport in person
is critical, I think. So if we can wait one more week to schedule the
October meeting, that might provide time for us to gather information
about that. (And if people disagree with this reasoning, please speak up.)

Does that cause insurmountable problems for those on tight timeframes for
travel scheduling, or can we live with the October decision getting made
next week?

Thanks,
Alissa