[Internal-cg] Room availability for Sept meeting

Joseph Alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Mon Jul 28 15:48:54 UTC 2014

I will be involved in he closing session, so between that and the IANA session, I'll be out most of the 5th.


Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 28, 2014, at 11:30 AM, Alissa Cooper <alissa at cooperw.in> wrote:
> The ICANN staff has been busily trying to find a place for us to meet in
> Istanbul, and this is proving rather difficult.
> Currently, the only day when there is both a room available in which we
> can meet and when the translation service is available is Friday,
> September 5, which is the last day of the IGF. The ICANN staff are still
> investigating possibilities for September 6, but there are public holidays
> in Turkey this week, which means it may take a few more days before we
> have any more information about room availability for September 6. (On
> Sept 1 there is room availability but the translation service is not
> available — I do not think we can meet without translation, but if you
> disagree, please say so.)
> At this point I think we have three options:
> 1. Decide that we will not meet in Istanbul.
> With this option, people who need to urgently make travel arrangements for
> the IGF can do so immediately. The ICANN staff is still checking on room
> availability in Los Angeles around the ICANN 51 meeting time, so we could
> aim to schedule our next face-to-face meeting around ICANN 51 by the end
> of this week or early next week (and perhaps schedule a couple of
> conference calls between now and then as well). We could also try to put
> together an informal “get to know each other” gathering in Istanbul even
> if we don’t meet formally.
> 2. Decide that we will meet on September 5.
> Some ICG participants will certainly have conflicts at various points
> during the day on September 5, but we could meet anyway, or perhaps meet
> for part of the day. There is a plenary session about IANA on the IGF
> schedule from 9:30 to 11:00 that day; we could plan to meet from 11:30 to
> 18:00, for example. I have also reached out to a contact involved with the
> IGF organizing to see if that IANA session could be moved to a different
> day so that the ICG could meet for the full day, and she is checking on
> that. Note: The room that is available to us on September 5 is near the
> IGF venue (it’s at the Grand Hyatt), but not at the IGF venue, so people
> transferring back and forth between the two venues will need a little bit
> of time to do that.
> 3. Wait until we get more information about September 6 to decide.
> Hopefully by the end of this week we will know more about room
> availability on September 6, so we could wait for that information before
> deciding.
> What are your thoughts about how to proceed? Do people have drop-dead
> dates by which they absolutely must book their travel?
> Thanks,
> Alissa
> _______________________________________________
> Internal-cg mailing list
> Internal-cg at icann.org
> https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/internal-cg

More information about the Internal-cg mailing list