[ioepanel] suggestions

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Jan 14 02:47:00 UTC 2014

Daniel these are very good points. We probably won't be able to follow your
recipe for the webinar on the 15th but the point about multi-lingual
accommodation is very well taken and ought to be a point we tackle in the
ecosystem document. I will ask the drafting team to find a place for that.

I think there is a speculative chance that some automatic translations
could help but as you know the quality is still probably too low to be
useful in a substantive conversation - taking us back to multi-lingual
translations by humans. ICANN also makes use of transcription (real-time
captions) although at this point only in English. I think Beth Noveck's
panel on participation has an opportunity to engage on this point as well.