[IOT] On stepping up public comment work

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Tue Apr 25 16:15:31 UTC 2017

Dear members of the IRP IOT,

As mentioned, we need to step up our pace and to that end here is a suggested template for action on considering the public comments.  We can discuss on the call Thursday.

1.       Public comments repository: https://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16/

2.       Email for presenting comment(s) for discussion and closure with IOT:

a.       Summary of comment(s);

b.       Source(s) of comment(s) (with links to such comment(s));

c.       Provision of current draft rule that is being commented upon (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/draft-irp-supp-procedures-31oct16-en.pdf);

d.       Reminder that we are pursuing rules that will facilitate the "just resolution of disputes" (Bylaw Section 4.3(a)(vii)) and ensure "fundamental fairness and due process" (Bylaw Section 4.3(n)(iv));

e.       Your recommended treatment of comment(s) (what specifically do you recommend, stated in "final" fashion that can be voted up or down for consensus-seeking purposes).

3.       The joinder<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/iot/2017-March/000169.html> email of March 29 basically follows this approach if you would like to see an example.

Best wishes,

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154