[IOT] IOT meeting Feb. 9th - some thoughts

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Fri Feb 3 20:25:38 UTC 2017

Dear members of the IRP IOT,

First, many thanks Bernie for this latest help that was just sent.

Next, in preparing for our call next Thursday, Feb. 9th (19:00 UTC), we should be able to get into the comments forum in two important ways .

First, to discuss a process for tackling the comments. Please give some thought to what you think might be the best way to do this – would it be to simply assess them all in the full-group setting on a topic-by-topic basis; would it make more sense to break into small teams to “work up” assigned comments to then bring back for full group discussion; should we individually pick a comment or comments to take the lead on in generating group discussion?

I would be interested in ideas, especially from those who have seen successful ways to do this in other multistakeholder groups.

The process discussion may not take a great deal of time – so, second we should start discussing substantive issues presented in the comments and my suggestion is that we dive into the timing-of-claims-filing issue first. (And we will need to work on list on comments as well.)

Bernie just sent us some great tools that will help.

Also on the timing issue, we have had advice from Sidley that came to the list back in early January. It is attached here again.

I will be asking our co-chairs for a brief spot during our plenary face-to-face meeting in March in Copenhagen to bring the community up to speed on the progress we are making. So I encourage us all to give some good thought to these comments over the coming weeks and join in the discussions.

Meantime,

Best wishes to all,

International Policy Manager

Verisign Inc.