[IOT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for IRP-IOT Meeting #13 - 13 January 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Fri Jan 13 15:25:25 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the IRP-IOT Meeting #13 – 13 January 2017 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/OJfDAw
 A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer, Projects & Operations Assistant
Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)
Notes (including relevant portions of chat)
1.  Introduction/Roll/SOI
2.   Discussion re Timing issue
David McAuley: Here is link to Kathy Kleiman blog: http://www.circleid.com/posts/20170110_fairness_due_process_require_changes_to_icann_supplementary_irp/
David McAuley: And here is link to Milton’s blog: http://www.internetgovernance.org/2017/01/07/putting-your-rights-on-the-clock-the-irp-supplementary-rules/?utm_source=feedb
David McAuley: How we can proceed going forward - 3 main tasks in what is now more of an operational role. Two main dates for us 25 January as the closing date of the public consultation and March 10 to report to the plenary on our progress. Have asked staff to look at meeting dates. There is no need to meet on the phone until a few weeks after the PC closes.
Greg Shatan: Logistical Week of February 13th is the meeting on the non-contracted parties in Reykjavik. Substantive point if the public comment is closing on the 25th why wait a month? We need to get into this ASAP.
David McAuley: I believe there will be two main issues from the public consultation - Timing and Joinder of Parties. Let us book a meeting on1900 Thursday 9 February 2017 and cancel the 27 January IRP-IOT meeting (Action Item for Staff).
Malcolm Hutty: We will either accept the Sidley proposal or amend it. Sidley's evaluation that our proposal did not do what we expected and that this was inconsistent with the Bylaws. I would be ok with their proposal but want to wait to see the comments.
David McAuley: MH do you plan to put in a comment?
Malcolm Hutty: I will but it will now be much shorter considering the Sidley response.
David McAuley: Any other comments on the timing issue.
Samantha Eisner: We are looking at the Sidley response and we will be commenting on this given we may be talking past each other on the timing issue.
Greg Shatan: The IPC comment is primarily about how the timing interacts with other procedures especially when it becomes clear an IRP may be filed. It may be more about procedure than rules. Also, unclear how this interacts with the CEP. Unclear how timing would work with the rules for the Empowered Community which could be incompatible.
David McAuley: Re CEP RySG should make a similar comment.
3.   Draft information letters to SOs/ACs and PTI customers
David McAuley:Now draft letters to SOACs? Any questions? (none) will proceed with these.
Greg Shatan: Want to avoid giving the impression that the work is all done. May want to add a sentence to clarify we are working in parallel.
David McAuley: Agree, will do and circulate to the group for approval (Action Item for DM).
4.   Comments forum (https://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16/[forum.icann.org])
 David McAuley: Kathy Kleiman will be providing a comment based on her blog. Would encourage everyone to keep abreast of the submissions in the comment forum.
5.   IRP IOT next meetings - 19:00 UTC Thursday 9 February.
6.   AOB
 David McAuley: No AOB - Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items:

·         Staff to cancel IRPIOT meeting of 1300 27 January 2017 and schedule Thursday 1900 9 February 2017.