[IOT] Process flow for SO/AC work on creating standing panel [renamed subject line]

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Mon Jul 10 18:29:37 UTC 2017

Dear members of the IOT,

I understand from Sam and Liz of ICANN Legal that the work of the ICANN Legal and Policy Teams to help SOs and ACs organize for their responsibilities in establishing the IRP Standing Panel have reached a point where the potential process flow has largely been mapped out.

But getting to that point has raised some questions regarding process-flow that the Legal and Policy teams wish to run by us. I expect they will issue an email in this respect later today and I plan to add it to our discussion tomorrow, with follow-up to be on the agenda at our next meeting. This is important work that will help get the actual work underway soon toward the creation of the standing panel so let's give it our time and attention beginning tomorrow.

Establishment of the standing panel is addressed in Bylaw 4.3(j). Can I ask that you take another look at this bylaw section and be sure to read through the email that should arrive from Liz or Sam.

These fit within agenda point #3 below.

Best wishes, hope to see you on the call tomorrow.

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154