[IOT] IOT call Thursday May 18 at 19:00 UTC - agenda

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Tue May 16 20:03:01 UTC 2017

Dear members of the IRP IOT:

Our next teleconference is Thursday, May 18, at 19:00 UTC.  Note - I may have mistakenly mentioned a different time last week - my calendar system garbled the time - it is now confirmed for 19:00 UTC.

Here is the agenda.

1.       Admin/Attendance/SOI;

2.       Volunteers needed - status of sign-up sheet;

3.       Status of timing issue/final comments from Malcolm if wished (we received Liz's input<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/iot/2017-May/000217.html> from ICANN Legal but Malcolm, the leader on this issue, was not present to comment on last call. This is not a full discussion - simply final points so we can take the issue to list for first reading);

4.       Status/Update (if any) of ICANN Legal/Policy teams with respect to SO/AC education re: IRP roles and charting out process timeframe;

5.       First reading on certain issues as per David's email<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/iot/2017-May/000224.html> of May 12th:

a.       Joinder;

b.       Panel Conflict of Interest;

c.       Retroactivity:

                                                               i.      Rules;

                                                             ii.      Substantive standard.

d.       Standing (Materially Affected);

6.       Challenges to Consensus policy;

7.       Status of IOT work and deadline;

8.       Plans for next call;

9.       AOB.

Best regards,

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154