[IOT] IRP IOT Update at Oct. 27 CCWG Accountability Plenary

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Tue Oct 24 17:18:15 UTC 2017

Dear members of the IRP IOT:

I was asked to make an update presentation about IRP IOT work during the CCWG Accountability face-to-face plenary meeting on Oct. 27th, the day prior to the kick-off of ICANN60.

I agreed to do so on our behalf.

To that end, please see the attached summary slides that will be shown. My intent is to simply state history, mention applicable bylaw provisions, but not get into substantive descriptions of the to-and-fro on the rules other than to say we are making progress.

Some participants may obviously be interested in outcomes on issues of concern to them.  I may answer those in general terms, e.g. where some people were concerned with the tight timelines of the original draft supplementary procedures we came up with I might simply say that based on our work I expect there will be some relief in that respect. If any of you plan to be at the plenary in person or remotely, please feel free to comment as you wish on any of this.

I also plan to say that I expect we will finish work on the rules - not all of our tasks - by year end and that these revised rules will NOT go back out for public comment. I don't see any basis for another comment period based on our work on the rules so far and based on where things appear to be headed.  Things can, of course, change between now and wrapping up the rules but this is my best guestimate now.

Please let me know if you have any concern with this approach.

Thank you and best wishes - and a reminder, we will meet again on Tuesday, Nov. 14 via teleconference at 19:00 UTC to work on the various emails that came out recently and some still to come.

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154