[IOT] IRP-IOT: Notes from last call - plans for next call

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Mon May 14 12:02:23 UTC 2018

Dear members of the IRP IOT:

Coming out of our call<https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/IOT+Meeting+%2338+10+May+2018+@+19%3A00+UTC> on May 10, the way forward to what we hope will be a quick conclusion on the new rules (updated supplementary procedures) appears to be along these lines:

1.      We will try to use the draft that Sam Eisner sent<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/iot/2018-May/000390.html> to the list this past Tuesday as the vehicle forward, assuming we can agree on the suggested changes - hopefully on list in the coming week.  Sam suggested these as INTERIM rules, but we will see if we can use the draft to get to final set of rules - many thanks Sam for these.

2.      I will take a stab at setting up a draft that we can review for sending the 'Time for Filing' issue out to public comment.

3.      We should identify on list whether we see any other issues that need to go to public comment - and attempt to complete work on them if we do. Mike Rodenbaugh suggested<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/iot/2018-May/000392.html> 'types of hearings' and 'elements' may be appropriate for public comment.

4.      Sam will attempt to set up for further discussion on list what she suggested were open items on the Joinder and Translation rules.

5.      We will meet again the week of May 21st - either on Tuesday the 22d at 19:00 UTC or on Thursday the 24th at 19:00 UTC - please indicate your availability for both slots (I believe Malcolm said he was unavailable on the 22d). We will have 90 minutes set aside for next call.

Best regards,

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154