[IOT] IOT Meeting this Thursday, Nov. 29 at 19:00 UTC [renamed subject line]

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Tue Nov 27 18:15:21 UTC 2018

Dear members of the IRP-IOT,

As mentioned in the email below, we are scheduled to have a call this Thursday, Nov. 29, at 19:00 UTC.

The agenda will be as follows:

1.      Welcome/SOI;

2.      Time-for Filing (Rule 4) public comments review and discussion. You can view the public comments here: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-irp-iot-recs-22jun18/. And Bernie will re-send his spreadsheet summarizing the comments. (Bernie and I will re-state parts of the summary with the exception of those parts of the comments on changing from 45 days to 120 days in one part of the rule - there seems to be no issue with such change).

3.      Discuss finalizing the supplementary rules. This will include schedule on winding up work on Rule 4 and the rule on intervention/joinder; the possibility of one more meeting in 2018, on Dec. 13th; and the use of one more meeting and discussion on list to aim at finishing work on Rule 4 in December and the remaining rule in January. I believe we must aim to wrap up work on rules prior to the admission of new members to the IOT.

4.      Admin: we need to reserve at least 10 minutes to discuss:

   a.   Adding new members to IOT and recommending that those in our group who have been completely inactive for the past six months be asked to re-engage or drop from the list. I will shortly send a draft letter to SO/AC chairs inviting new members. We can discuss.

   b.   Recognizing remaining work (once the rules are finished) and begin to prioritize it.

   c.   Discuss a 60-minute meeting at ICANN 64 to review/agree path forward on taking on new members and begin substantive work on remaining agenda.

   Best regards,

   Senior International Policy Manager

   Verisign, Inc.