[IOT] Update on IRP Standing Panel

Elizabeth Le elizabeth.le at icann.org
Thu Jul 23 19:09:39 UTC 2020

Dear IRP-IOT,

We want to let you know that ICANN org has extended the deadline<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-07-23-en> for submissions of expressions of interest (EOI) to serve as a panelist on ICANN’s Independent Review Process (IRP) Standing Panel EOI to 31 August 2020 to allow more time for interested candidates to apply.  While ICANN org has conducted extensive outreach to socialize the Call for EOI, we need your help in circulating the Call for EOI<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2020-03-31-en> to your networks to help us attract a skilled and diverse set of candidates.  If any of your colleagues or contacts belong to associations or organizations (such as international dispute associations, corporate governance, technology practices, Internet related security and stability practices) with members who may have the qualifications and interest to serve as Panelists, please send them the information on the Call for EOI. As the ICANN Community has highlighted the need for Standing Panelists to be independent from ICANN and its SOs and ACs, please focus your outreach efforts to those outside of the ICANN Community.
We’ve provided the attached email template to aid you in your outreach efforts. The template is intended to be a starting point. It can be revised as appropriate based upon your relationship with your contacts and the recipient’s familiarity with ICANN and the IRP.  Please let us know if you there is anything else we can provide you with that you could be helpful in your outreach.

Thank you in advance for your efforts on this issue.

Best regards,
Liz

Elizabeth D. Le
Associate General Counsel, ICANN