[IOT] Tolling of Time for Filing

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Tue Jun 8 17:49:54 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I would implore us to find a better 'start from' date on these time
periods, than the 'date of publication on ICANN's website.'  Because that
is completely within ICANN's control, sometimes they don't publish for
months, their website is huge, and it is very difficult to monitor that
huge website for changes.  At bare minimum, it should be specified exactly
where on that huge website that ICANN's official actions are published.

Also it seems that Prong 2 will be subsumed within Prong 1, because ICANN
undoubtedly will argue that claimant 'reasonably should have known' of the
action upon date of publication on the website.

We should put the onus on ICANN to send written notice to directly affected
parties of actions that impact them, with time periods starting from the
notice date.  Of course many or most actions are not specific to certain
parties, so I suggest there should be something the the US Federal
Register, or the USPTO Official Gazette... where ICANN's actions are
published regularly once a month, so that practitioners and public will
know when and where to find ICANN's official actions, and can subscribe to
that email list.

Thanks for considering these thoughts.
-Mike

[image: Logo]