[ksk-rollover] Starting discussion on acceptable criteria for proceeding with the root KSK roll

S Moonesamy sm+icann at elandsys.com
Sat Jan 6 14:39:52 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,
At 10:25 AM 05-01-2018, Paul Wouters wrote:
>As a Design Team member, let me say that the Design Team no longer really
>exists, and that we did not call for the delay.
>
>At the time, there were no statistics to base and decision on. We have
>some now from Sep 2017. It would be nice to get more. I understand ICANN

I read the 2015 report again. Under "Risk Analysis", the impact of a
"Lack of deterministic criteria to make go/no-go decision" was rated
as "Low".  The topic of this thread is about an acceptable criteria
to go ahead.  There is a 2016 report; under "Risk Analysis", the
impact of "Indefinitely postponing a key rollover increases the
impact if it becomes urgent." is rated as "High".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy