[ksk-rollover] Starting discussion on acceptable criteria for proceeding with the root KSK roll

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Fri Jan 5 22:12:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

On January 5, 2018 at 2:06:10 AM, S Moonesamy (sm+icann at elandsys.com<mailto:sm+icann at elandsys.com>) wrote:
The plan was put on hold because of the
data from September 2017. At the moment it is
unknown if/when there will be a KSK roll. Is not
doing a KSK roll by 2020 [1] a viable option?

Speaking personally, I’m hoping we can do the rollover long before 2020. The key is for the community to provide some sort of guidance to the ICANN Org about how to move forward. So far, my impression is that to date, most of the input from this mailing list has been “do it now”, implying we do NOT need to assess "the impact on users” (as mentioned in https://www.icann.org/news/blog/update-on-the-root-ksk-rollover-project). This means that the plan that will be published on 31 January for public comment will say the input we have received suggests the majority of contributors do not believe we need to take potential negative impact of the KSK rollover into account.

1. The date is based on a statement in the DPS.

Sorry, which statement?

Thanks,

-drc