[ksk-rollover] [Ext] Re: Starting discussion on acceptable criteria for proceeding with the root KSK roll

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sat Jan 6 20:36:59 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 01:29:17AM +0000,
 David Conrad <david.conrad at icann.org> wrote
 a message of 176 lines which said:

> What we’re looking for is for the community to tell us in the ICANN
> Org how to move forward.

There is no such thing as "the community". There are various people,
with different experiences and opinions. I, like everyone else here,
can only speak for myself (and, as I said, I believe we whould do the
rollover now).

> how much is the community willing to tolerate

Again, there is no "community", with a common opinion. People will
never agree and yet a decision has to be made.