[ksk-rollover] 答复: Architectural reconsideration on ICANN's Root Zone KSK rollover

Robert Story rstory at isi.edu
Wed Jan 31 14:15:43 UTC 2018

On Wed 2018-01-31 07:53:51-0500 Marc wrote:
> I’m not sure that supporting multiple hints files would really help.
> I might be wrong.

I think it could give us better information than kskroll-sentinel on
how many folks are ready for the roll. To extend the idea a bit, if
root servers listened on 3 addresses and there were 3 hints files
(2017-ready, 2010-only, neither), we would know the status of every
resolver that was updated, as soon as it was updated, without having to
do any testing using ad campaigns that load pictures of fish. :-)

[note: speaking for myself, not my employer.]

--
Robert Story <http://www.isi.edu/~rstory>
USC Information Sciences Institute <http://www.isi.edu/>