[ksk-rollover] ICANN board meeting result and the Current status of KSK-Rollover

Michael StJohns msj at nthpermutation.com
Mon Sep 17 21:04:31 UTC 2018

On 9/17/2018 3:57 PM, Matt Larson wrote:
> The answer I've given when people ask this question is that we need to
> get through the first rollover and analyze how it goes before we can
> discuss subsequent rollovers. One can imagine that how the first
> rollover goes could have a material effect on the timing of the next one.

This seems like a bad approach given how that we currently have interest
and opportunity in the roll-over that could catalyze planning for a
second roll.  This does not - and should not - need to be single
threaded.    AFAICT, you're going to know most everything you need to
know a few seconds to a few days after you stop signing the the old key.

So - I suggest you pick a date now.  Start planning for the next roll
now.  If your post analysis shows a problem - adapt and overcome and
adjust the dates if you need to.  It's hard to hit a target if you don't
put it on calendar.

Later, Mike