[ksk-rollover] [Ext] Re: ICANN board meeting result and the Current status of KSK-Rollover

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Sep 18 09:31:21 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 04:23:53PM +0200,
 Ramanou S. BIAOU <ramanou at biaou.net> wrote
 a message of 105 lines which said:

> How does it apply at the local level of different countries? ISOC
> chapters or local NOGs are used to better pass the information?

I assume it will be our work (by, "our", I mean the people on this
list and their friends and colleagues) to outreach and to distribute
information as efficiently as posisble, depending on the local
context. (For instance, I keep FRnOG, the french network operators
group, up to date.)

This takes time (and fight against skepticims such as "don't worry,
they will cancel it at the last minute"). That's why it is important
to have stable and firm information in advance, and that's why it is
not serious that, a few weeks before the event, the ICANN board is
still discussing the date.