[ksk-rollover] Thoughts on future KSK Rolls

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Sun Mar 31 21:55:57 UTC 2019

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 22:11, Tim April <timapril at gmail.com> wrote:

> My mistake, I think any common day's off of work should be considered. I
> imagine
> that there are some lists available to consider for this topic, but I am
> not aware
> of any good ones at this point. Looking through a bunch of sites online,
> if all
> holidays were considered, there would be no days available, but there will
> probably have to be a line drawn somewhere, and I'm not the person to
> decide on
> that.

I'm not convinced that we need to pay any attention to holidays, or even
weekends.  Although I'm willing to be.

If 5011 is well deployed, and we're testing it every year or two though
root KSK rolls, why are we concerned about the day of the week that a
change gets applied?  The Internet is 24x7, after all.  What is the middle
of the night on a holiday, for you, is business hours on a workday for
someone else.  I can't imagine that we could avoid holidays in a balanced
way.