[Latingp] notes from the Repertoire group meeting 23rd May

Textual Solutions textualsolutions at gmail.com
Wed May 24 06:05:12 UTC 2017

I'll listen to the recording and revise my notes later, please comment

1. Sarmad shared ARABIC GP's work to set an example
2. Highlighted the issue of 'combined marks' and how they should be treated
3. They should be treated as Sequences rather than code points
4. Mirjana thinks diacritics by themselves should be excluded
5. Sarmad underlined 'contextual motivation'
6. In the course of our work new code points are expected to be discovered
and we'll move on from MSR2 to MSR3
7. What to do with letters not existing in MSR2
8. Are the principles used by the other script groups (eg arabic)
applicable to Latin?
9. How to draft new principles?
10. First round of RGIDS languages 1-4 to be circulated (180)